Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
3/13/2017: All winners have been notified! Thank you for your entry into the 2016 DotY program.
Why you should enter:
- Interior Design Credibility- Enhances your professional images with clients.
- Design Recognition- Winners are recognized at our Awards Dinner as well as online through out website and social media accounts.
- Sense of Accomplishment- DotY is an execellent outlet to showcase outstanding work.
- Entrant must be an active member of IDS National. To activate or confirm your membership, please contact 336-844-4437 ext 223 or email@example.com)
- The project you are submitting must have been completed between December 2, 2015 - December 31, 2016.
- The cost per entry is $100. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
- The last day to enter is January 31, 2017.
- All winning entries become property of IDS National.
Submitting your Entry:
The Designer of the Year Competition will be an all-digital application process. All entries must be submitted using our online portal on or before January 31, 2017.
The following documents are required for your application:
- Concealed identification and Release Form
- Photographs: You may submit up to 10 photographs (14 for Sponsor Award / 10 per room for Whole Home Design) and must include both before and after shots. Please include at least one high resolution photo (330 ppi and no larger than 3 MB) as winning projects will have the opportunity to be featured in various media outlets.
Since your project will not be judged in person, high quality photos are a key element in your presentation. Here are some helpful hints:
- Take before photographs prior to starting each project.
- Take photos from many different angles.
- Take photos of your work in process to better exhibit the complexity of the project or any obstacles.
- Do not use photographs including people (homeowners, children, site workers, etc.). IDS cannot use these photos, therefore, they will not be chosen for display.
- Do not provide photographs that reveal the identity of the client or your company. These photographs will be disqualified.
The Interior Design Society is committed to making this competition fair and available to all IDS members in good standing. It is important that the rules of the competition are followed. The National IDS Awards Committee and DotY Judges reserve the right to disqualify or deduct points from any entry that does not follow the rules of the competition.